Are you looking for privacy in your home? If yes, frosted glass is the perfect answer for you. It can not only help in enhancing your privacy but also the overall security of your house. Frosted glass helps in brightening up your home and also prevent the UV rays from coming in.
Frosted glass is also low maintenance and can save huge on your energy bills too.
Let us have a look at the techniques used to make frosting glass windows!
1. Semi-Permanent Frosting Spray
When we talk about mirror installation Brisbane, this treatment is often used for frost settings. It allows you to add decorative elements, while retaining the function of the mirror. Also, this solution easily fits in your budget.
Tools and material which you can use are as below:
- Tracing paper
- Frosting spray
- Cut the tracing paper matching the size of your window. Attach it on the glass using the tape.
- On the paper, trace the design of your choice.
- Cut out the design.
- Clean the glass and reattach the paper.
- Using the frosting spray, apply a thin coat on the glass which is exposed.
- Let the spray dry.
- You can experiment with bursts of spray for variation in the opacity.
2. A permanent solution to get frosting on glass windows
This method is quite tricky. But if you’re looking at a bathroom renovation you might want to consider it. You can buy opaque and patterned glass from Brisbane shower screen specialists. If you do want to make a project of it, you will you need to follow these steps:
Tools and material to use are listed below:
- Soapy water
- Spray bottle
- Frosted window film
- Wallpaper brush
- You must begin by cleaning the window. Use the soapy water in a spray bottle for cleaning the glass. The alternative to this solution is baby shampoo which helps in keeping the glass residue-free.
- Coat the cleaned window with baby shampoo.
- Apply some soapy water to your hands to prevent fingerprints from getting on the film. Peel the back off the film.
- Install the film from top to bottom.
- Brush out bubbles.
- Adjust for a smooth finish.
- Cut the edges. Let the glass dry for about 30 minutes.
3. Use etching cream for a permanent solution
This is another effective technique for frosted bathroom glass. You can buy etching cream at hardware or specialist glass shops.
- First, apply painter’s tape.
- Use a bristle brush for applying the etching cream on glass.
- Let it dry for some time and then clean it with warm water.
- Your frosted glass window is ready.
This method is permanent and requires a level of skill, so it might pay to practise on spare glass before you take to your shower screen.
You can choose any of the above three techniques you want to create your own frosted bathroom glass. If you’d rather let the professionals take care of it, the experts at River City Glass stock a variety of frosted and patterned bathroom glass.