Thinking about renovating your kitchen and adding some character to the heart of your home? If the answer is yes, you have come to the right place. In this article, the leading glass repair and mirror installation specialist in Brisbane – River City Glass – provide four surprising ways that glass can modernize a dated kitchen and change its overall look. Continue reading to learn how.
1. Use glass mirrors instead of traditional backsplash
If you are fed up with that standard dull backsplash in your kitchen, a simple mirror installation is the perfect option for you. No worries, glass mirrors fit perfectly in any space as expert glass technicians, like those at River City Glass, opt for as few pieces of glass mirrors as possible to provide you with a sleek, modern, and easy-to-clean product. Alternatively, you can choose back-painted glass, a special type with paint and a protective layer added to the back.
2. Transform an ordinary cupboard into a display cabinet
Here’s the perfect solution for those who don’t want to have everything covered or those who have specific items worth displaying rather than being hidden in a standard cupboard. Replacing wooden cupboard door fronts with glass will add a unique focal point to your kitchen. There are many possibilities to implement cabinet glass:
- Replace door fronts with clear glass for a perfect display of glassware or china
- Use patterned or frosted glass to add charm without worrying about keeping the cupboard perfectly organized
- Convert all kitchen cupboards with glass cabinets
- Transform only a few cupboards with glass cabinets
3. Replace standard storage with glass shelves
As with glass cabinets, you can also replace standard storage with glass shelves for additional kitchen improvement. The options here are almost endless: you can choose the preferred thickness, dimensions, and glass style. Consider the following applications of glass shelves:
- Beautify unused wall space by adding some floating glass shelves for extra storage for dishes, spices, small appliances, etc.
- Get rid of damaged or dated cabinets and replace them with glass shelving.
- Replace broken or sagging shelves inside the cupboards or pantry with glass shelves for durability and longevity.
4. Use custom glass table tops to cover kitchen surfaces
Last but not least, you can add a wow factor to your kitchen by installing glass table tops on any kitchen or other surface, including the island, bar, breakfast, or dining table. Fortunately, a glass repair specialist, like one at the River City Glass, can cut the glass to fit perfectly above the surface with the type of edge you want, such as polished edge, beveled edge, pencil edge, or specialty edgework.
The glass top will protect the surfaces from wear and tear, stains, or water damage. If your surfaces are already damaged, you can always go for frosted glass to add visual appeal.
If you like these ideas but aren’t sure which one is the perfect solution for your kitchen, don’t hesitate to call River City Glass – the leading glass repair and mirror installation expert in Brisbane.